I started some seeds on January 17th and 18th. I was not here to see the tomatoes come up and there are still many that haven’t started to come up yet (eggplant! and red bell pepper!)
This is what I planted (how many/name/where from/so far what has germinated)
- 6 Yellow Tomato/Farmer’s Market – I saved seeds/4 out of 6
- 6 Heirloom Black Prince Tomato/From nursery-I saved seeds/ 6 out of 6
- 6 Beam’s Yellow Pear Tomato/Seed Savers/ 5 out of 6
- 6 Cherokee Purple Tomato/Seed Savers/ 6 out of 6
- 6 Blondkopfchen Tomato/ Seed Savers/ 3 out of 6
- 6 Large Red Cherry Tomato/ Seed Savers/ 6 out of 6
- 12 Florida High Bush Eggplant/ Seed Savers/ 2 out of12
- 6 Wisconsin Lakes Pepper (red bell pepper)/ Seed Savers/ 1 out of 6
- 6 Eggplant Rosa Bianca/ Baker Creek/ 1 out of 6
The tomatoes are looking good and I will need to transplant them up into bigger containers soon. I love the fuzz on the little seedling! The eggplants and peppers that are up only just broke the surface yesterday, and I know they have not been warm enough, so there is still time (and hope) for more to come up.
It is now time for me to plant a few more things. We are experiencing some very cold weather for our part of the country. We had snow this morning and are down into the teens at night. I think tonight is the last night forecast for 20F, then the night time temps will rise to 32F with daytime temps in the 50’s. So transplanting the tomatoes will have to wait a few days until I can get some of the dirt to warm up outside in the sunshine and bring it inside.
Over the weekend I hope to get some more seeds planted inside under the lights.