Pot Roast was one of my favorite dinners growing up. I think it mainly had to do with potatoes. I love potatoes.
Opps! No potatoes in this one. I didn’t have any on hand, so when they guys sent me a text they were heading home from the hangar I asked them to pick up some potatoes for me.
I know the potatoes would have been better if they were slow cooked along with the roast, but I made use of what I had on hand in the refrigerator at the time. I also made gravy with the drippings in the pan.
When the guys got home, everyone dug into to things before I could get a a photo of the cooked roast…oh well. At least I had the before photo.
Reviewing the categories: (still eating out of the freezer)
- Pork Roast: Not local, Not Organic
- Carrots: Not local, Organic
- Onions: Not local, Organic
- Flour (for gravy): Not local, Organic
- Butter (gravy): Not local, Organic
- Potatoes: Not local, Organic
- Seasoning; Not local, mixture of Organic & Non Organic
I did really well on the Organic side of things, but nothing local in this meal at all. Yet I am so happy to be eating out of the freezer and making room for organic and local meats.