It is time for our last challenge within the Dark Days Challenge. Breakfast. It’s been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
For me, breakfast is a very easy meal for me to cook with all local ingredients. I did not get creative, I just cooked one of the things I normally cook for breakfast. I used eggs, cheese, chard, pork and caramelized onions in my omelet. The only thing that was not local in the omelet were the fennel seeds I used to season the pork with.
- Eggs: From a farm 12 miles from me (new source for me)
- Cheese: Strykly Dairy – 100 miles
- Chard: out back in the garden
- Pork: Bandera Grasslands – 70 miles
- Caramelized Onions: last years garden, caramelized and frozen
- Fennel Seeds: far far away