In the far back corners of the refrigerator, I keep seeing something, and then forgetting about it again.
It is time to pull it forward and actually use it! Refrigerator pickles that I made a long, long time ago… last summer sometime. YIKES!
They still have good flavor, but they have lost the crisp, firm crunch. I’m am not about to let that stop me. I am using them up, ahhh, finally!
This open faced egg sandwich makes a frequent appearance for a quick meal for me. Eggs are a standard in the refrigerator and the garden has an abundance of wonderful greens of all sorts. In the summer I would be growing and using sprouts in place of those wonderful greens. The refrigerator pickles add some great flavor and I don’t miss the crunch at all.
- Egg – this batch is from Don about 10 miles up the road
- Bread – homemade using Texas wheat that I ground
- Mayo – store bought organic
- Refrigerator pickles – made with some garden cucumbers and some from farmers markets last summer.
- Lettuce – from the garden
To use up these refrigerator pickles, I see some egg salad in the near future.
What type of quick, go-to meals to you tend to make often?